Date: March 11, 2019
Location: Whistler, BC, Canada
Company: Alpine Riding Inc.
In the spring of 2018 Alpine Riding launched in North America, designating Whistler as our home base and headquarters. Last season Alpine Riding ran guided tours in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park on the A-Rides (aka “mountain scooters”) and we are doing it again this year. We were the first non-conventional mountain bike allowed in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park.
The A-Ride is a safe and innovative way to introduce beginners to mountain biking. It’s a product which can convert A-Riders into mountain bikers by using the A-Ride to safely teach key mountain biking skills while building confidence. By standing in an upright position on the A-Ride, this allows for more stability and an increased range of sight for the rider. Furthermore, each guided tour offers riders education about Whistler’s history and the surrounding views.
Be a part of the Alpine Riding team, help spread the stoke to resort guests from around the world and help people learn #anotherwaytoride.
Position Status: Part Time – Seasonal, Hourly
Wage: $20/hr – $25/hr DOE
Job Summary: To oversee the overall daily operation of the Alpine Riding tours that happen in the Mountain Bike Park including selling and booking tours, managing guides, maintenance and customer service. The PT Mountain Operations Manager will work for two consecutive days and will pick up various other shifts when required.
- Effectively and efficiently manage all aspects of the day to day operations pertaining to the Alpine Riding tours in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park
- Effectively manage all maintenance programs within budgeted expenses
- Work closely with Bike Park stakeholders including patrol and Bike/Summer programs
- Assess financial performance and adjust operations to meet or exceed targets
- Ensure all necessary staff are hired and trained to run all aspects of the daily operation of the tours
- Managing the guides schedule
- Effectively lead, facilitate and mentor all staff
- Provide personal and professional development for the staff
- Ensure all staff are kept up to date on tour and company information
- Ensure that proper safety procedures and protocols are in place for all areas
- Responsible for staff adherence to policies and procedures of Alpine Riding, Whistler Blackcomb & Vail Resorts
- Managing booking and working with booking software (this includes 3rdparty booking agents)
- Demonstrate knowledge of all Whistler Mountain Bike Park
- Basic bike mechanic knowledge
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for Mountain Biking
- Proven leadership skills, planning ability and vision
- Problem solver, self-motivated/self-directed
- Leadership experience
- Bonus: PMBI Level 1 certification
This position requires the successful candidate to have their own Whistler Bike Park Pass. To apply email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.