Date: March 11, 2019
Location: Whistler, BC, Canada
Company: Alpine Riding Inc.
In the spring of 2018 Alpine Riding launched in North America, designating Whistler as our home base and headquarters. Last season Alpine Riding ran guided tours in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park on the A-Rides (aka “mountain scooters”) and we are doing it again this year. We were the first non-conventional mountain bike allowed in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park.
The A-Ride is a safe and innovative way to introduce beginners to mountain biking. It’s a product which can convert A-Riders into mountain bikers by using the A-Ride to safely teach key mountain biking skills while building confidence. By standing in an upright position on the A-Ride, this allows for more stability and an increased range of sight for the rider. Furthermore, each guided tour offers riders education about Whistler’s history and the surrounding views.
Be a part of the Alpine Riding team, help spread the stoke to resort guests from around the world and help people learn #anotherwaytoride.
Position Status: Part Time & Full Time available – Seasonal, Hourly
Job Summary: Alpine Riding is looking for Bike Guides (PMBI level 1 is a minimum) able to take a PT or FT position guiding Alpine Riding tours with us. The tours happen in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park. We have two tour times a day and all FT guides will receive a Bike Park pass.
The tour times are:
- 10:30am to 1:30pm
- 2:30pm to 5:30pm
- Setting up each customer with the appropriately sized A-Ride, helmet, elbow pads and knee pads
- Provide a pre-tour demo (in the demo area) on how to ride the A-Ride and asses skill levels of customers
- Provide a fun and informative experience for customers during the tour, including basic information about Whistler & surroundings
- Share with customers the Alpine Riding stoke
- Manage the safety of all customers and adhere to safe practices.
- Transporting all A-Rides back to the Roundhouse after each tour
- Have ongoing communication with the Mountain Operations Manager
- PMBI Level 1 certification
- Demonstrate knowledge of all Whistler Mountain Bike Park
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for Mountain Biking
- Love for Whistler and its surroundings
- Proven leadership and guiding skills
- Problem solver, self-motivated/self-directed
Alpine Riding tour operations will kick off as soon as the Roundhouse is accessible to mountain bikers (around June 18th). We will provide all Alpine Riding guides training before their first tour.To apply email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.